Re: Restricting Guest Account

"Judy" <Judy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ED081B35-CA62-45AC-A5C4-3647A83FF49D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
Your last post was really helpful in terms of a troubleshooting
methodology.
I had checked the privacy settings, the profile was restricted to my own
user. When I made any changes to the bookmarks for either myself or the
restricted the other user, they were not updating each other. So, I
deleted
all of the bookmarks in the new account ant that took care of the issue.

No one else has used the computer. I copied my profile from my old
computer.
I suspect that in doing that, somehow I made it available to all users.

Thanks so much, you have been a big help. You may not be an expert in
Firefox, but you're an expert in troubleshooting ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you were able to fix the issues
you were having with your Firefox bookmarks.

Nepatsfan

  • Re: OT: help with saving Mozilla bookmark file
    ... I'm slowly rebuilding my bookmarks - oh gosh it will take forever ... to your new profile or not, but it might not hurt to try. ... Someone just sent me this quote and I couldn't resist posting it. ... strraightforward, fun, ref book to have on hand which helps you get the most ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: OT: help with saving Mozilla bookmark file
    ... spy and adware on my system but it still managed to get ... I'm slowly rebuilding my bookmarks - oh gosh it will take forever ... to your new profile or not, but it might not hurt to try. ... Someone just sent me this quote and I couldn't resist posting it. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: OT: help with saving Mozilla bookmark file
    ... Very annoying as I had anti-virus, spy and adware on my system but it still managed to get very ill. ... I'm slowly rebuilding my bookmarks - oh gosh it will take forever since I had books, arts and crafts, photography, needlework, gardening, cooking and baking, music, school and scout information, shopping sites, travel, on and on.... ... Among the files there, you should see bookmarks.bak as well as bookmarks.html; I'm not sure if you can simply copy these and add them to your new profile or not, but it might not hurt to try. ... Just suggesting ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: Constant Hourglass
    ... OK, back to the basics of troubleshooting, then. ... Sounds like a problem with loading the user profile, ... since you have excluded the logon script as the culprit. ...
  • Re: Jesus, am I using windows here or what????
    ... flash grabbing the sound card and not letting go in those versions. ... If you continue to have other issues with Firefox, your profile may ... You can backup/export your bookmarks from the Bookmarks -> Organize ...
    (Ubuntu)