I need to restore File Manager options after virus removal

I got rid of some virus which have resulted in 3 things.

1. The Tools Options panel does not show up in Explorer

2. The CD ROM is not showing up in Explorer. When you look it up its
Properties tab the Hardware of Drive Properties its all blank. USB
drives are also not detected.

3. The ability to Remove items from the start menu has been disabled.

I suspect some registry entries were tampered with - is there some way
of getting the back?

/vfclists

  • Re: I need to restore File Manager options after virus removal
    ... The Tools Options panel does not show up in Explorer ... Properties tab the Hardware of Drive Properties its all blank. ...
  • CD-Laufwerk Check beim Logon
    ... da du sagst das das Laufwerk ... offen gehabt auf dem CD Rom, und dann ohne den explorer zu ... aufm CD Rom ohne CD - und daher der Fehler. ... oder du hast ein Programm im autostart wo eben von F: ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.registry)
  • CD-Laufwerk Check beim Logon
    ... da du sagst das das Laufwerk ... offen gehabt auf dem CD Rom, und dann ohne den explorer zu ... aufm CD Rom ohne CD - und daher der Fehler. ... oder du hast ein Programm im autostart wo eben von F: ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.registry)
  • Re: Corrupt and unreadable file in WINNTSystem32Drivers
    ... I''ve just chesked the attributes using the Properties tab via Windows ... Explorer and neither intelide.sys or any of its parent folders is read only ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: I need to restore File Manager options after virus removal
    ... The CD ROM is not showing up in Explorer. ... USB drives are also ... Or restoring to a an earlier System Restore Point? ...