Re: Group Policy

yba02 <yba02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Running Windows XP SP2.
Is there a way where I can apply group policy
on some users and
exclude other users, such as administrators?
Example, I need to
restrict access to all hard disks on the
machine on members of the
"users" group, while members of
"administrators" group can still
access those HD's.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Yahya

Not without AD. In standalone XP & 2k, local
policies are per
machine, not per user. Check out Windows Steady
State or Doug Knox's
XP Security Console (google it) for options.

But it could be done by assigning the users to
user groups, could it not? Some admin, some power
users, etc.? Admins will have access to all, and
others limited as the programmer prefers, right?

What do you mean by "AD"?

Twayne

  • Re: Rid AD of Circular Group Membership
    ... I'll try to keep this going; because it might be useful to another admin ... The quess is each has an account and uses it, ... part of stations) into the machine local Administrators group. ... Administrators Group has a members: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Group Policy
    ... Running Windows XP SP2. ... exclude other users, such as administrators? ... machine on members of the ... Some admin, some power ...
  • Re: New Organizational Unit for a new remote office.
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... BLOG --> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx ... EVERY DOMAIN ADMIN IN THE FOREST ...
  • Re: MMC - admin locked out too
    ... just use the Deny trick to exempt ... from an admin account before it can edit policy, ... > Limit access to Regedit, MMC, command line, etc. & ... > restrict such items to Administrators only. ...
  • Re: I CALL BULL SHIT ON MIKE PAYNES "UPA Members Call to Action" artical.....
    ... The stategy should be to get general info from a larger ... members giving feedback no one knows ANYTHING about what the majority ... upa administrators just fine. ... dosent it seem odd to you that upa administrators have never seen fit ...
    (rec.sport.disc)