Trouble with recycle bin on XP with multiple users

Hi. I have an older PC running XP Pro SP3. The recycle bin "Do not move files
to the Recycle bin..." is UNchecked.
I use an administrator account on the PC. When I delete a file, it goes into
the recycle bin. I get the dialog "Are you sure you want to send 'x' to the
Recycle Bin?" No problem.
I have a couple of other user accounts set up. When those users delete a
file, it does _not_ go into the recycle bin. Even if they drag it to the bin
on the desktop, it does not go in. The dialog is "Are you sure you want to
delete 'x'?"
I don't know how long this has gone on because the other users never needed
the recycle bin until yesterday.
I have tried emptying the bin on my account, no effect. I have tried
checking the "Do not move files..." and later unchecking it, no effect. I
have tried making the other users administrators, no effect.
At one time, I had Norton Systemworks 2005 on the PC, and that product has
the "Norton Protected Recycle Bin" or whatever. But I uninstalled that a long
time ago.
Any thoughts?

  • Re: No users
    ... Deleted users are not placed in the Recycle bin. ... Log on as Administrator, (in Home edition boot into Safe mode, in Pro at the ... CHANGE HER ACCOUNT TO A LIMITED USER. ... Password protect the Administrator ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: How delette files without muliple OKs?
    ... When we highlight a filename and click Delete, that file goes to the Recycle Bin. ... Then, in the background, Windows clears out enough of the oldest deadwood in the bin to make room for the new items. ... Or right-click the Recycle Bin icon, choose Properties, and change the default action to do this for all future deletions. ... When Windows thinks we are about to delete a critical System file, it will ask us to confirm and, for some files, to furnish Administrator credentials and permissions before taking such a drastic step. ...
  • Re: How delette files without muliple OKs?
    ... Even a Standard User can Run as Administrator if he supplies the Administrator credentials. ... And, if there is NO password on the Administrator account, then all that is required at this point is to press Enter. ... But maybe all you need to do is right-click the Recycle Bin again, choose Properties, and clear the check from the box that says, "Display delete confirmation dialog". ... Then, in the background, Windows clears out enough of the oldest deadwood in the bin to make room for the new items. ...