Re: Lost Administrator Privileges

Netorius77 wrote:

Many thanks for the detailed response Malke - I know that it was my own
fault that this happened - but would like to recover everything without
reinstalling the software. I will try the procedure mentioned - by the way
it is XP Pro SP3 - I should have provided that detail... Once again thanks
for the comprehensive and most helpful response.

You're very welcome. Let me know how you get on or if you need more help.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: [SLE] Zen messes up system.
    ... Sax2 -r doesn't correct the problem ... Any idea how to recover from this, without reinstalling? ... I'll be manually doing Yast updates from now on, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: invalid page fault msvcrt.dll
    ... > then window comes up invalid page fault in msvcrt.dll. ... I didn'T get a corrupt file notice when I did ... > keep Ie running by fixing it or reinstalling it all. ...
  • Re: exception handling in kernel code
    ... John Baldwin mentioned: ... You can make use of pcb_onfault to recover from a page fault, ... As long as not all MSRs documented and reading/writing unexistent MSR ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: [SLE] Zen messes up system.
    ... or 5 occasions, on 3 different systems, after running an update, the ... Any idea how to recover from this, without reinstalling? ... I'll be manually doing Yast updates from now on, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: exception handling in kernel code
    ... You can make use of pcb_onfault to recover from a page fault, ... Kernel code is expected to not generate exceptions. ... As long as not all MSRs documented and reading/writing unexistent MSR ...
    (freebsd-hackers)