Re: Trojan Flush M

Do you have a cd/dvd burner on the machine? If so copy the family files to cd's or dvd's.

If not does the machine have USB ports? If so see if anyone you know has a external USB burner (cd
or dvd) and use that.

Also, how much space do the family files take up? If you have a USB port you can pick-up a small
USB Flash drive for under $20.00 for 4-8GB and under $10.00 for 1-2GB.

Belprice <Belprice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

HI there,

I am running Norton Anti - Virus and it has reported that i have a virus
called Trojan Flush M and no matter what I try I can not remove this virus. I
tried to follow the instructions for manual removal of this virus, however it
instructed me to restart windows in safe mode and then a full scan. When I
tried to do this I was asked for a administration password , but I bought
this computer second hand and have no idea what this pasword is!

Also my computer is now acting very strange , programs are disappearing when
I re start the computer and when I try to view the c drive I get an error
message which states " WINDOWS CANNOT FIND RESYDED /BOOT.COM OR
RESYCLED/BOOT.COM

I am desperate not to lose the many important family files on this computer,
such as photos and videos, can someone please help me with this very annoying
problem.

Thanks in advance.
Ta
JC

  • Re: Trojan Flush M
    ... And everyone else whom has offered help. ... If not does the machine have USB ports? ... I am running Norton Anti - Virus and it has reported that i have a virus ... instructed me to restart windows in safe mode and then a full scan. ...
  • Re: None of my USB ports are being recognised or working.
    ... To "reboot" a computer is to restart it. ... Did it tell you that had a virus? ... After you "rebooted" (or reinstalled Windows) did the virus go away? ... "My Computer" never recognizes USB ports. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: None of my USB ports are being recognised or working.
    ... ago because I suspected some kind of virus. ... I found subsequent to rebooting ... that none of my USB ports would work or be recognised in My Computer. ...