Critical updates and KB 890830

I just downloaded the 6 current Critical Updates for my WinXP (sp3 / IE7) and
when I looked at the KB890830 log, I saw that no infections were found, but
there were 4 Scan Errors found
->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:1512 (code 0x00000005 (5))
->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:3672 (code 0x00000005 (5))
->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:1512 (code 0x00000005 (5))
->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:1512 (code 0x00000005 (5))

I looked at my Process Explorer for the pid numbers and could not find any
for the 3672, but I did find one for the 1512. It read:\
Process Explorer has 1512 = CPU description = generic Host Process for Win32
Services / Process = svchost.exe / Company Name = Microsoft Corp.

Does all of this mean anything that I should be worrying about? I believe I
remember reading somewhere that as long as NO infections were found, we could
disregard the "Scan Error" messages, because they represented something like
MS looking for a program that it could not find, or someting like that.
Should I worry about that pid 1512 since it mentions "Host Process for
win32" AND "svchost.exe?"
Thank you for hopefully putting my mind at ease.
Alice

  • Re: Kernel API to retrieve the parent process
    ... Process Explorer of Russinovitch show this feature;-). ... This is strange because Windows has a POSIX subsystem environment. ... kernel does not keep the 'parent' link in this internal structure (only ... PID for instance). ...
  • Services.exe PID 668 (Event Log / Plug and Play) VM usage Logon=Ma
    ... At Log-on Services.exe PID 668 (which according to Process Explorer has the ... services Event Log and Plug and Play) Virtual Memory Usage goes up to the Max ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 2 running processes of wmiprvse.exe?
    ... In Process Explorer right click on each example of svchost.exe and select Properties and the Image tab. ... Thus one will have C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc, which supports the Windows Image Acquisition service -see the service tab. ... You should understand that the process PID number changes every time you restart your computer so quoting a PID number has no meaning to other users. ... BTW so far as I can see SPAMCOP User has no basis for making the statement regarding Windows Media Player. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Get Handle Owner,...
    ... for e.g PID 1972 in Process Explorer this: ... And why do i get from my application for the same PID this: ... Can you tell us the SID which is obtain by your ... rights. ...