Re: Can't access any webs sites that contain anti virus fixes

From: "Volfandt" <Volfandt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| XP Pro w/rev 6 explorer. I recently discovered that I couldn't access any web
| sites that contain antivirus/spyware updates or fixes. This includes AVG,
| SpyBot, Adaware, Malware and/or even trying to manually run Windows update.
| Instead of getting the download page (where one chooses to eoither save or
| run the download, I get a webpage stateing page not found"). Microsofts
| Malicious Software tool didn;t find any problems but AVG ran and found
| problems and fixed it but when I run the Microsoft download scanner it finds
| problems but can't fix them. Other than not being able to update XP, AVG and
| my other virus/spyware app's the system seems to work fine. Also, I cannot
| run Spybot nor Malwares app. I deleted Spybot and reinstalled it and it will
| not run.
| I'm guessing the virus that got me has gotten into my registry.
| Any thoughts and/or fixes?
| Thanks

The chances of this being a virus is low.
The chances of this being non-viral malware is extremely high.

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe

Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums...

{ Please - Do NOT post the HJT Log here ! }

Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) Logs.

NOTE: Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log

Suggested primary:

Suggested secondary:
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Suggested tertiary:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170
http://forum.networktechs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18
http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/index.php?showforum=18
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2
http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/
http://forums.security-central.us/forumdisplay.php?f=13

--
Dave

  • AVG DOWNLOAD
    ... avg anti virus 7.5 free download ...
    (de.rec.sport.fussball)
  • >>>> AVG DOWNLOAD <<<<
    ... 100 free avg antivirus software downloads, 7.0 avg free downloads, 7.5 ... avg free download, all versions avg free download, anti avg cnet ... virus brontok avg download, anti virus download avg, anti virus ...
    (sci.geo.meteorology)
  • ~~> AVG DOWNLOAD <~~
    ... avg free virus scan download ... avg 6 0 free edition download ... avg anti virus free edition download ... avg full version free download ...
    (sci.bio.paleontology)
  • AVG DOWNLOAD
    ... avg free download, avg download, free avg download, avg serial ... download avg free version, avg free download 2009, avg free edition ... avg freed download updates website, avg safe downloads, avg grisoft ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc)
  • Re: Outlook 2007 Mail Rendering Problem
    ... even the microsoft emails to download the beta are not ... All emails that were downloaded while the AVG active scanning component was still running will remain without body. ... YOU DOWNLOADED and Installed a beta product. ... > ||| isnt rendering any mail that I recieve. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)