Folder Sharing

I have a workgroup with seven workstations of which one workstation will not
allow access to a folder unless you set "Everyone" up in permissions. Each
workstation uses a folder with the same name that is used to store log files.
Six of the workstations can be set so that only administrators have access
and I am able to access them with no problem. The problem is that I don't
want "Everyone" to have access to the log files. How do I get the
permissions corrected for this one computer that does not want to let me
access the folder as an administrator? I have already checked that this one
workstation has all the same security settings and permissions on the log
folder as the workstations that work ok. It seems like some setting on that
workstation has been corrupted.

  • Re: Bizzare security behaviour
    ... NT4.0 workstation and all users that logon to any XP Pro workstation?? ... NT4.0 computer try accessing the share via the IP address of the server ... I can open the folder without difficulty. ... I thought the entire POINT of security permissions being on the server is ...
  • Re: permission errors
    ... Is the workstation hard drive formatted FAT32? ... I am having strange problems with permissions for 1 user. ... Started when I wanted to make a backup of a folder on his workstation. ... Verify that you have full access to the working folder and there is disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Must all users be administrators?
    ... Administrators account is a member of Local Administrators on each ... that workstation but, really you haven't done a good thing. ... permissions to control, just read permissions. ... If it's a folder, you can ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Security issues when running login script.
    ... To add Al's comments, just adjust the NTFS permissions on the ... you can use a GPO to enforce the NTFS rights ... on said folder w/out having to give the users local administrator rights. ... for the first person who uses the workstation, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • RE: My Docs not redirecton on single workstation
    ... I understand that My Documents Redirection ... Properties, click the Target tab, click Move to change the folder ... If it is not the case, please try to log on to another workstation ... click to check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)