Preliminary Success of KB908531 Won't Change

We have been unable to get MS06-015 (908531) installed on a handful of
machines and noticed that the LastStateName is "Preliminary Success". The
patch was sent out many times and the PatchInstall.Log in CCM\Logs indicates
that it is installed every time. However the patch on those machines remains
in the same state.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...Rob

  • Automatically patching machine with hotfix KB824146 using mbsafu.
    ... I didn't want to spend as many hours patching machines with KB824146 exploit ... Mbsafu is an automatic remote patching tool that applies Security updates ... Download and install mbsa. ... Setup a network share with full privileges for the account you will patch ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services
    ... >> pointing out the danger of opening extra holes in your firewall. ... >that a VPN is a hole in the firewall, albeit generally a mitigated hole, ... >people didn't patch their machines. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Event ID 6161 for HP 6840
    ... patch related to an exposure via the print spooler service. ... download which offers the option of a local port. ... >> There were no problems with the install and the printer works find so long ... >> 3) All machines on the network can connect to the printer via Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO
    ... I haven't tested the last one (memory tuning on 4GB machines) ... * There may be a problem with swapping: ... >> He suggested a patch, but it did not fix the problem. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Problems with MS01-052
    ... I have had 34 reports so far of the patch causing problems on Windows ... machines you're applying it to). ... expected there'd be a world-wide DoS attack against Terminal Services ... Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)