Re: Deleting unwanted user accounts

mt13579 wrote:

I can't delete an old account. The "supposed" way just doesn't work any
way I try it. I don't have a users group in the Computer Management
panen=l.

Any other ways ?

I am an administrator.

This doesn't quite make sense. Crystal Ball(tm) sez: you are saying that you
see files from an old user account under %systemdrive%\Documents and
Settings\old user account name and that you don't see that user account
listed in either the Control Panel User Accounts applet or in
Administrative Tools\Computer Management\Users and Groups. Yes?

If the above guess is correct and the user account is not a system account
(i.e., it is one that you or someone else made), then simply delete the
files for that account under Documents and Settings.

If my Crystal Ball(tm) was cloudy, please post back with clarification.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Internet Access Question for Police Department
    ... the "Administrator" to have full access to the Internet. ... >and type in "disable user account. ... Open Computer Management. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: I got a virus help
    ... Most Windows users will tell you that this is akin to the "Administrator" account on your PC, but that is not exactly the case. ... Microsoft has attempted to emulate this technique many times, but always fails miserably in its implementation. ... But wait, you say, doesn't Mac OS have that same problem? ... So if you happen to exploit one of them, you can only do what that small, very restricted user account can do... ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: in trouble
    ... administrator and I can only see log in as a owner. ... Method 1 - If you have a Vista installation DVD you can ... CompAdmin and create a new Standard user account for your daily work. ... operating system structure. ...
  • RE: COM+ question
    ... DCOM Config snap-in. ... component can only administrator. ... The preferred way to assign a user account to a ... user account to a Windows group. ...
  • Re: Server 2008 adprep
    ... in Windows 2003, when logged on with an adiministrative user account, all programs run with full administrative privileges by default ... The check box "Run this program with restricted access" in the Windows 2003 Run As dialog is a way, as an administrator, to run a single program with "restricted privileges" if you want to. ... The other difference is that with the Windows Server 2003 Run As dialog, you can specify a different user account for the program to execute with, even if you are logged on with an administrative user account. ... when you log on with an administrative user account only one security context is created for that Windows Session and this one has the full administrative rights and permissions. ...