Re: "Adware Alert" uninstall problems

JenBMN wrote:

I unfortunately installed Adware Alert as a spyware scanning program back
in February. I have since learned that it appears to be a corrupt
program. I tried uninstalling it, but when I do, it seems to corrupt my
operating system's startup. After uninstalling Adware Alert, I am
prompted to restart, but then my system gets caught in a loop, where it
displays the first few startup screens repeatedly and will not re-boot.

I have been able to get back in by hitting F8 during the startup and
manually selecting to start using the last known good configuration. I
starting in Safe Mode, but this did not work. Once I'm back in, I can do
a system restore to get it functioning again, but only if I restore it to
when Adware Alert was still installed.

I feel like I've been hijacked! How do I get this garbage off my computer
and still get it to operate correctly?

You *have* been hijacked! Look for removal steps here:

Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

or here:
Malwarebytes malware removal guides - ]

If all else fails, get guided help at one of the specialty forums listed
below. Or else you can take your machine to a local computer professional.
I don't recommend using BigComputerStore/GeekSquad types of places.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS. - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
the stickies *first*.

Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!