RE: Unable to download updates

alexhkleung wrote:

"Malke" wrote:

From a command prompt, stop the Automatic Updates service, register
wups2.dll, restart the AU Service.

Start>Run>cmd [enter]
net stop wuauserv [enter]
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll [enter]
(close out of cmd)

Thx it works now!

Glad to hear that sorted it for you. Thanks for taking the time to let me

Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Unable to download updates
    ... wups2.dll, restart the AU Service. ... net stop wuauserv ... (close out of cmd) ... Thx it works now! ...
  • Re: Satellite Internet Woes
    ... I don't think it's wuauserv that is your problem ... sc.exe config bits start= disabled ... and then to restart it: ... would be a more severe interruption than a simple ...
  • HowTo: constraints and Relations via ODBC.NET
    ... How can I get a list of relations and constraints via ODBC.NET ... But if I fill a dataset via a ODBC adaption there a no relations... ... cmd = AdoProviderFactory.GetCommand; ... thx in advance ...
  • Re: Unable to open regedit.exe or cmd.exe - conflicker?
    ... when trying to open command prompt through Run -> cmd the background would ... flicker and if I had any Windows Explorer windows open, ... restart in Safe mode with Networking ...
  • THIS FIXES 0x800a0046
    ... At the command prompt copy and paste the following command: ... Restart the system and then try Windows Update again. ... then cut'n'paste the single line into the run dialogue without using cmd. ...