Re: Installer failure and security

1601 Out of disk space
Ensure that the custom action costs do not exceed available space.

0x80080005 CO_E_Server_Exec_Failure
The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation.

*** Was SP3 applied with the antivirus/security suite actively monitoring the system ? ***

Are you attempting to Run the installations from the server or from a manual download ? If it's the former and there's a 3rd party firewall installed, that may be the cause of the installation failures.

IF this issue is occurring in Automatic Updates or on the MS update sites, please see this and do Method 1:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

The above will not resolve issues with Windows Installer, only for installing updates after applying SP3.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

bussard wrote:

Hi to all of you
After having installed thze SP3 to XP i am unable to install programs, hotfixes. I receive error msg: "error #1601 unable to connect to the server" and: "No connection to the server could established. error: 0x80080005"
It seems to be a problem of permissions, since some other installing processes stopped with the hint to set the installer back to "basic". But how to do?
Thanks for your help
bussard

  • RE: Huge Partition
    ... disk space, most of which I wanted on a single partition. ... installer couldn't handle it, but I believe I read something about how ... I also tried creating the partition after installation, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: About RULE for FC1, was: 486 install?
    ... > If all you want is file serving, as long as you have disk space, ... The slinky installer which Michael Fratoni wrote for RULE goes happily ... in 16 MB of RAM or less. ... There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: multiple operating systems
    ... so the W2k installer doesn't know ... how to interpret the ME settings and so forth. ... If you decide to use the currently installed W2k, you can get rid of the ... its subdirectories to free up that disk space. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade)
  • Re: Error while installing firefox
    ... > Installed with 128 M Ram and pleny of disk space. ... > These are the listed requirements for Firefox ... When running the installer I ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • RE: 928365 and 928366 updating problems
    ... The issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. ... Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility ... suggestions to reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 and the updates for it. ... However, if the issue persists, please capture a screenshot when an error ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)