Installer failure and security

Hi to all of you
After having installed thze SP3 to XP i am unable to install programs,
hotfixes. I receive error msg: "error #1601 unable to connect to the server"
and: "No connection to the server could established. error: 0x80080005"
It seems to be a problem of permissions, since some other installing
processes stopped with the hint to set the installer back to "basic". But how
to do?
Thanks for your help
bussard

  • Re: Windows 2008 SBS - Intermittent Server Lockup / Non-Responsive
    ... In our case, the various updates and hotfixes that I installed initially seemed to clear up the problem, but then it reared its ugly head again just about when I was ready to call it 'fixed'. ... That led me to install the rest of the hotfixes and updates I listed, which *knock on wood* seems to have cleared up the issue, but I don't think I'm going to consider it 100% fixed until SP2 gets installed. ... when the server's locked up to reboot and/or remote-control the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Installing SP1 for W2K3 dies in cleanup phase if too many hotf
    ... it is safe to reboot the server after the failed SP1 ... complete the SP1 install when this problem occurs. ... our servers have about 95 or more hotfixes ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • 2K to 2K3 - NTDSA.DLL Version before ADPREP
    ... I wish to upgrade a 3 DC W2K network to 2003. ... server, and after the exchange schema fix my next step is ADPREP. ... There are individual hotfixes that mitigate all three vulnerabilities ... Install an appropriate Ntdsa.dll hotfix. ...
  • Re: Installing SP1 for W2K3 dies in cleanup phase if too many hotf
    ... denied the integrity of the SP install. ... it is safe to reboot the server after the failed SP1 ... our servers have about 95 or more hotfixes ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Hotfix - Update.exe hanging
    ... On a 2003 Terminal server build, we have rolled up a lot ... When starting the install it will begin to install the ... installs all of the other hotfixes and leave you with the ... logoff from a client. ...