Re: a nasty virus

From: "jennings0816" <jennings0816@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| My computer contracted a nasty virus that will not let me boot my computer up
| in safe mode. It will let me log in and the screen has the spy ware ad I try
| to system restore and it locks up
| --
| Thanks for your help

While all viruses are malware, not all malware are viruses.
The chances of this being viral malware is slim.

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums...

{ Please - Do NOT post the HJT Log here ! }

Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) Logs.

NOTE: Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log

Suggested primary:

Suggested secondary:
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Suggested tertiary:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170
http://forum.networktechs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18
http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/index.php?showforum=18
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2
http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/
http://forums.security-central.us/forumdisplay.php?f=13

--
Dave

  • Re: good antivirus
    ... | i keep on getting infected with malware my webhost says its in my file ive ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post with a full explanation of your problem ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Malware removal
    ... I can only start my pc in safe mode and even then ... The malware seems to disable my ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post with a full explanation of your problem ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Any idea which bug this is?
    ... | Is there a particular malware responsible for the above, ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums... ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: poison ivy trojan
    ... | Also in the task scheduler, I suspect that may have a lot to do with what's ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums... ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
  • Re: Virus? malware?
    ... Please stay far away from the fake MS MVP, software plagiarizer and software pirate who ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post with a full explanation of your problem ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)