Re: Security Update for Microsoft.NET Framework, Version 1.1Servic

Thanks MowGreen, I'll try that.
--
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Don’t lean to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Prov 3:5,6

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

GrammyJo wrote:

I've gotten this update from Microsoft repeatedly and the Update Icon will
NOT leave my task bar! Even though I've 'installed' the update (more than
once) the icon remains. I can't find any way to get rid of it and don't know
if this update has actually installed or not.

The file is in WINNT; at least I think this is it. Do I have to click it
myself to get it to actually install? Here's the file I found:
NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

Can anyone tell me how to get this to STOP? Thank you in advance. ;o)

You can get 'this to STOP' by making sure it installs. Since it's being
reoffered, it's apparent that .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 has not installed
properly.
The first thing to verify is if .NET Framework 1.1 is installed
properly. It's improper/inconsistent installation is what has led to the
failure of SP1 to install.

NET Framework setup verification tool
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/03/8015158.aspx

If the tool reports that the Framework is not installed properly, then
attempt to uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 from Add/Remove Progams in the
Control Panel.
*IF* it can not be uninstalled from there, as a last resort, use Aaron's
'Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0
and 3.5':
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx

Reboot afterwards. Download and reinstall .NET Framework 1.1
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
then do the same for Service Pack 1
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&DisplayLang=en

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

  • Re: ?for an MVP regarding dot Net updates recieved today repeating the
    ... I could not uninstall any .NET installation (missing ... Also you need to keep the 3 versions of .net framework on your computer ... The steps from Microsoft Security Tech Support and from Aaron Stebner's ... NOT try to install that update. ...
  • RE: kb928365 & kb928366 install errors from 7-10-2007 microsoft update
    ... I CAN NOT uninstall net 1.1 even though it shows up in control panel ... neither does 2.0 of microsoft .net. ... Also you need to keep the 3 versions of .net framework on your computer ... could not install the July 10 security update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Dot Net Problem
    ... You want to uninstall both versions listed in Add/Remove Programs. ... Uninstall the .NET Framework versionin question; ... versionyou need to reinstall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: KB928366 Security Update wont install after downloading
    ... Free Microsoft ... Also you need to keep the 3 versions of .net framework on your computer ... Try to perform a standard uninstall of the .net framework for which you ... could not install the July 10 security update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: 928365 Net2 update downloaded-no install
    ... Also you need to keep the 3 versions of .net framework on your computer ... The steps from Microsoft Security Tech Support and from Aaron Stebner's ... Try to perform a standard uninstall of the .net framework for which you ... could not install the July 10 security update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)