Security Update for Microsoft.NET Framework, Version 1.1Service pa

I've gotten this update from Microsoft repeatedly and the Update Icon will
NOT leave my task bar! Even though I've 'installed' the update (more than
once) the icon remains. I can't find any way to get rid of it and don't know
if this update has actually installed or not.

The file is in WINNT; at least I think this is it. Do I have to click it
myself to get it to actually install? Here's the file I found:
NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

Can anyone tell me how to get this to STOP? Thank you in advance. ;o)

--
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Don’t lean to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Prov 3:5,6

  • need of reinstallation/just getting supposed installed IE[icon]to
    ... yesterday morning when there wasnt an internet issue, windows ... tho i was trying to install IE 6.0 SP1. ... update icon like i said and msn explorer isn't working ... Verizon told me that once i resolve IE issue, ...
  • Ohhh Microsoft! I pressume?
    ... I decided it was time to use the Windows XP update icon, ... Then it starts to install them. ... This is MS critical update software form the MS web site! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • window update failing??!
    ... update icon (yellow shield) popping up. ... av click install update but i dont no why it keeps asking me, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: removing update icon from tray
    ... update icon in the tray again so installed it again. ... i checked the custom install box, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • removing update icon from tray
    ... update icon in the tray again so installed it again. ... i checked the custom install box, ... window but the update icon keeps coming back. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)