Security Update for Microsoft.NET Framework, Version 1.1Service pa

I've gotten this update from Microsoft repeatedly and the Update Icon will
NOT leave my task bar! Even though I've 'installed' the update (more than
once) the icon remains. I can't find any way to get rid of it and don't know
if this update has actually installed or not.

The file is in WINNT; at least I think this is it. Do I have to click it
myself to get it to actually install? Here's the file I found:
NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

Can anyone tell me how to get this to STOP? Thank you in advance. ;o)

--
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Don’t lean to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Prov 3:5,6