Re: Duplicate (Almost) Entries in my registry
- From: "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:50:28 -0500
Had some problems with viruses and spyware recently on my PC.
However though I cleaned them up with Norton, Spybot and Adaware, I
keep getting new ones. I started checking my registry looking for
backdoors / trojans and noticed that I have some odd entires. Som
of my Registry Folders are duplicated with a dash following the
name. 2 examples are: Run Once vs Run Once- and Run Services vs
another called Run Services-. Both have values in them. Is this
an indication that some other user is accessing my PC via backdoor
and that's how I keep getting infected?
Not knowing what you were infested/infected with - no one can say with 100%
Given you are *not* experienced in the removal of said issue causing
things - you either should find someone who is and have them do it and/or
backup your important data (should do that consistently anyway) and wipe the
computer clean and install everything fresh.
Use MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware...
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- Prev by Date: Local Settings folder being included to Roaming Profile
- Next by Date: Under My Network Places\Entire Network\Microsoft Windows Network
- Previous by thread: Local Settings folder being included to Roaming Profile
- Next by thread: Under My Network Places\Entire Network\Microsoft Windows Network