Re: Cannot open or download the files in company intranet from win
- From: Anteaus <Anteaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:17:01 -0700
I generally format the HD and start with a clean install when faced with
this, one of the worst of all examples of foistware. On occasions when I
have uninstalled it instead, it sometimes comes back to haunt me a while
later in the form of unexpected network problems. If it's NAV alone
uninstalling is reasonable, if it's the NIS suite then I would definitely
flatten and rebuild.
Unfortunately, foistware like this costs money for the IT installler and
client, in terms of wasted time. Especially if a lot of other software is
installed before the decision to flatten is taken. But, that's the way
There is a removal-tool on Symantec's site which I've known to do a better
job than the standard uninstaller, worth a try if flattening would cause too
Many thanks for your help..
I am only IT support at my office. Normally, I install Mcafee antivirus for
all the computers and turn off the windows firewall. That Anti-Virus is
enterprise version which is installed to all computers.
But when we received the new PCs, Symantec security trial version were
- Prev by Date: Re: EFS and temporary Office Files
- Next by Date: Re: EFS and temporary Office Files
- Previous by thread: Re: Cannot open or download the files in company intranet from win
- Next by thread: Re: Cannot open or download the files in company intranet from win