Re: unable to get certificate on smart card using CLM.

Thanks Dave,

i m using "microsoft smart card base crypto provider" as CSP and safenet RSA
CSP as minidriver.

Anyways i followed all the steps mentioned at site "
http://technet2.microsoft.com/ILM/en/library/a4d5346d-418c-497c-bbab-ff49e94e982b1033.mspx?mfr=true
" under the section "CLM deployment " and "CLM Operations".

As mentioned in the steps for "configuring smart card profile templates", i
need to configure MMC. and as i complete all the steps of configuring
MMC(after entering smart card pin), i get certificate on smart card. but then
where comes the role of CLM website? how to get certificate from that web
page on the token ?

Moreover i get the below mentioned errors while getting cert from that web
page.

1. when the smart card is inserted , and the link for finding the smart card
is clicked, it detects the smart card but on clicking "o.k" it gives error
that it could not find the serial number ?

2. When i search for a user and click on the ink"issue certificate for the
user" , in the next screen it asks to choose profile template .and the very
next screen shows that "current user does not have access to any of the
profile templates" whereas i have given the permissions to that particular
user in all the profile templates(CLM profile templates and CLM smart card
profile templates). then why is this message shown?

From: "smart card and clm" <smart card and clm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I successfully got software certificate on the system using "Sample Profile
| template" and following the steps mentioned at the link
| "http://technet2.microsoft.com/ILM/en/library/a4d5346d-418c-497c-bbab-ff49e94e982b1033.
| mspx?mfr=true".

| But i fail to get it on smart card.
| smart card is detected when i click on"details of smart card" on web portal.

| can u please specify what all changes i have to make in steps when i want to
| get cert on smart card instead of system store.

| please tell one more thing.actually error is prompted on the screen after
| "data collection screen" (while requesting for cert)on which sample data
| titem is asked for.

| Do i need to make some changes there?

| Priyanka

What Smart Card middleware are you using ?

--
Dave

  • Re: smart card private key
    ... first storing the certificate information and the private key ... information in the system store. ... first of it the name of the CSP module that manages that key. ... information about the private key present on the smart card before ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: SmartCard CSP and CA certificate enrollment
    ... Store for each of the two keys in the ... 'default' container on the smart card. ... CSP Design & Development Consulting ... enrolls for a certificate, the Certificate Enrollment Wizard offers the ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Store data on a smart card using CryptoAPI
    ... If user data is part of certificate and smart card has corresponding CSP, ... smart card or on disk with cryptoAPI. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: unable to get certificate on smart card using CLM.
    ... | i m using "microsoft smart card base crypto provider" as CSP and safenet RSA ... | As mentioned in the steps for "configuring smart card profile templates", ... | MMC, i get certificate on smart card. ...
  • RE: How are key rings on SmartCard and key rings on CSP Container rela
    ... Normally the smart card CSP "knows" about its own smart cards, ... oftentimes the certificate is copied into the 'My' store in order to ... > Keysets created with the SmartCard keysets? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)