Re: set uo users account

luishugo wrote:

Hello this will sems like a lack of knowledge but this will be the only
place to someone will help me ; firts at all I am the only one to use my
pc but my daughter will use soon so I want to set up a ussers account , i
try by myself
but with no positive results well I click a user account "Guest" and set
up her name until that was ok but after log on her new account the desktop
show me "Internet explorer script error"...and another window " Microsoft
Visual C+ + runtime error ; arcsoft/connection/service/bin abnormal prog.
termination .......".....also she cannot browse the internet ..can someone
help me please and thanks.

Do not use the Guest account. Go back to Control Panel>User Accounts and
disable it. The Guest account is a special system account, not one meant
for when you re feeling hospitable. It is disabled by default in Windows
XP, Vista, Linux, Unix, and OS X for a reason.

Once you've properly disabled Guest, create a new user account for
your daughter.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... taking advantage of the built in Help for XP. ... you are saying about the guest account. ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... I meant to say that I never use the built in guest account - ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... you are saying about the guest account. ... Enabling the built in guest account can be a security risk ... problem accessing the internet with it as it uses that same network ... enable the Guest Account is "an" administrator account. ...
  • Re: Help with Guest account
    ... books, Microsoft resourses, etc. ... Guest account, ... We have a wireless network with the Belkin Pre-N Router ...
  • Re: Stupid Question #1
    ... The Guest Account under XP Pro ... Enabling the Guest account on the local machine is a question only ... Confusion on the definition of 'disabling'. ... Simple File Sharing = ForceGuest. ...