user profile change

I've got XP Pro. I've got a profile which logs me into my company's domain. I
have my username, password and the domain name. When i take my computer home
(laptop) I still use the same username, password and domain name to run my
computer. All of my documents are there. Email works, etc. Now, I know I'm
not actually logged in to the domain when I'm at home, but I can still use
this profile and everything looks the same, except I can't access the office
servers and intranet stuff (expected). Anyway, here is my problem... I don't
work for this company anymore and want to change the profile to not log in to
the domain, or at least try to, without losing all my other information. I'd
like to change the username and change the "join domain" options. When i did
this, it lost all my "my documents" stuff. I was able to do a restore back to
a previous date and it all recovered. Is there a way I can log in using this
profile and tell it i no longer want to join this domain? Can I log in using
my administrator log-in on the local machine and change the other profile?
Sorry for the very lengthy description. I appreciate any help.

  • Re: user profile change
    ... I have my username, ... my computer home I still use the same username, ... but I can still use this profile and everything looks ... Create a new local user account on the PC ...
  • Re: PRF and profile import problems
    ... Another thing to note as well, is I noticed that when I change the username ... to the current profile, and 2, to establish the new username. ... Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ... To be exact, after creating a PRF file with the settings that I want, this ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Configuring a PRF file for unknown MailboxUser= value in hosted environment
    ... When I use %username% the profile ... creation uses the locally logged in username. ... to use the username that is used to login to the mailbox during profile ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: User gets married, changes name & wants log-in changed
    ... don't forget %username% will affect home directory and TS profile ... control like it typically does in Active Directory - for all of the reasons ... documents or local preferences are going to "move" to the new account. ...
  • Re: Deleted UserName-Need to re-activate
    ... If the account and/or the profile was deleted using Computer Management, ... Local Users and Groups or from Control Panel, System, User Profiles, you're ... This username was somehow removed ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)