error 1307, security ID

I am using XP Pro

I recently had to reformat my hard drive. In preparation I did a backup of
selected files and folders using Nero 8.

After reinstalling Xp, I did a restore with Nero.

I noticed during the process, a number of files received the following:
System error 1307: This security ID may not be assigned as the owner

After the restore, I click on some of the folders and I get an "Access
Denied" error.

How can I correct this problem.

How can I prevent it from recurring at next backup

Nick C

  • Permissions and file access
    ... I did a restore with Nero. ... I click on some of the folders and I get an "Access ... Ihad the same results using XP backup and restore utility. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: error 1307, security ID
    ... selected files and folders using Nero 8. ... I did a restore with Nero. ... I click on some of the folders and I get an "Access ... How can I prevent it from recurring at next backup ...
  • Re: Permissions and file access
    ... I did a restore with Nero. ... After the restore, I click on some of the folders and I get an "Access Denied" ... Ihad the same results using XP backup and restore utility. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: tar question
    ... I have number of selected files to backup and it is also in different ... tar zcvf select-file.tar.gz from selected file or tar zcvf ...
    (Fedora)
  • tar question
    ... I have number of selected files to backup and it is also in different folders ... tar zcvf select-file.tar.gz from selected file or tar zcvf select-file.tar.gz? ...
    (Fedora)