RE: User accounts is blank

I am really frustrated. For starters this discussion group wouldn't let me
start a new thread.
Anyway, I have opened in Safe Mode, etc. but regardless of what I do the
user accounts is blank. I know one password and can logon but I am wanting
to change the password on another account and delete another account. I
can't do anything because the account user does not respond to anything I
click on.
--
Carolb

"piratedawn" wrote:

Hi I am asking this question for friend, she runs windows xp media center
edition. she wants to install router for broadband but when she put the
installation disk in she got a msg to say that she did not have administrator
capabilities. on right clicking my computer then "manage" she sees a list of
users on her computer, one being administrator the other being her sons user
name (which says underneath limited account)but she cannot change anything as
she is not the administrator, when she logs of pressing start log of it does
not show switch user so she cannot switch to administrator how can she sort
this problem out so that she can install software? any advice greatly
received as spent 4 hours today trying to sort it out for her

  • SP2 - Access Denied error when installing software
    ... we'll repair Windows and then install SP2. ... > Okay here's what I've found in the registry looking at the permissions in the ... So I added my account and "Users " groups. ... > By the way I did all this from safe mode under the "Administrator" account. ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: XP Professional Adminstraor Account...?
    ... Logged onto domain from workstation as Administrator. ... users and gave the user administrative rights. ... Logged out and logged back in under the users account in which I ... Attempt to install program and the install will fail while copying ...
  • Re: XP Professional Adminstraor Account...?
    ... Logged onto domain from workstation as Administrator. ... users and gave the user administrative rights. ... Logged out and logged back in under the users account in which I just ... Attempt to install program and the install will fail while copying ...
  • Delphi 4 IDE and applications in Vista
    ... I have always developed and installed my applications on XP machines, and everything seems to work OK. ... I am running using an identity with administrator privileges, but many of my files and folders seem to be shared with another identity. ... I can set the properties of the icon to run as administrator, and that works OK until the next install. ... Maybe I just need to delete the "Guest" user account, and keep the "Paul" account as administrator. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)