RE: panda and windows xp stop error

"bluerider" wrote:

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR REPLY

THE PROBLEM CONTINUES TO REPEAT EACH TIME PANDA INTERNET SECURITY 2008 SCANS
MY PC. THE COMPUTER CRASHES IN THE MIDDLE OF DISK C: SCAN AND A STOP ERROR
MESSAGE APPEARS ON A BLUE SCREEN. I TRIED MY BEST TO FOLLOW YOUR DIRECTIONS
BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT…

Test your RAM with a memtest from here:
download this tool and unzip it and make a floppy or CD/DVD and run it on
Reboot.
http://www.memtest86.com/
You may need to reposition/reset the RAM sticks in their slots.
How many Disk space you have on the system?
How many RAM you have on the system?
Can you use Task manager to see which process using the most of the CPU
usage?
I CANNOT MAKE THE CD ROM WITH THE FILE DOWNLOADED ON
http://www.memtest86.com/. IS THERE AN EASIER WAY TO TEST MY RAM.
MY PC HAS TWO DISKS C: AND D: 30 GB EACH. DISCK C: IS ALMOST FULL 2,55 GB
FREE WHILE DISCK D: IS ALMOST EMPITY 24 GB FREE.
I HAVE 512 MB RAM ON THE SYSTEM.
THE PROCESS USING MOST OF THE CPU USAGE IS SYSTEM IDLE CICLE 90%.

Run disk clean up and then run this command:
sfc /scannow

I RAN THE COMMAND AND LUNCHED A PANDA SCAN AFTER THE CHEK AND IT WAS
COMPLETED SUCCESFULLY. ANYWAY THE PROBLEM REPEATED THE DAY AFTER.

Have a look in the Event Viewer

THE SYSTEM ERRORS ARE REPORTED AS FOLLOWS:
Event kind: Error
Event origin: System Error
Event cathegory: (102)
BCCode 10000050, BCP1 fb969000, BCP2 2 00000000, BCP3 3 804eee1b, BCP4 4
00000000

APPLICATION ERRORS ARE REPORTED AS FOLLOWS:

Event kind: Error
Event origin: Ci
Event cathegory: CI service
Content index c:\system volume information\catalog.wci damaged. Stop and
re-start cisvc service.

THANKS,
BLUERIDER

Go through these cleaning steps:
1... Click start >> Control Panel >> Double Click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options, on the IE Properties window
you will see these Options:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs
| Advanced .

Click on General Tab (1st Tab on the left) and you will see a Button called
[ Clear History ..] click on it to clear your History caches, then click on
[Delete Files..] to delete Internet Files created over the time, click on [
Delete Cookies...] to delete your cookies left by visiting websites.
Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.

= Then try to Disable the Add-Ons on your Browser somehow installed on your
browser, On how to disable the Add-ons follow this:
Click on Programs Tab and then click the Manage Add-Ons Button there Disable
the None/Not Verified Plug-ins/Add-ons ( you need to Renable them one-by-one
later and see which is the culprit .
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256

Scan for malware from here:
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/default.htm?s_cid=sah
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm
RootkitRevealer v1.71
By Bryce Cogswell and Mark Russinovich
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Security/RootkitRevealer.mspx

Run a scan from here on-line:
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
Download Avast Cleaner (off-line scanner) from here:

Lots of tools to download and disinfect your machine (off-line scanner):
http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/site/Downloads/browseFreeRemovalTool/

You may have a bad RAM try to test your RAM by running Memory test by
downloading this tool and unzip it and make a floppy or CD/DVD and run it on
Reboot.
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp.
Download this Iso Burner:
http://software.lsoft.net/Iso-burner.exe

Download the Hijackthis and send the report to one of
many
forums for analysis and troubleshooting:
When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php) is
the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. Post
your log to:
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html,
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
Or other appropriate
forums for expert analysis, not here.
can you please send me a copy of the log at: to_you_rossREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx
Good luck,
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

  • Re: Constant Freezing - Please help
    ... History under Internet Explorer. ... I agree the problem seems to be RAM and I do think McAfee may have ... What happens to the Most fragmented file list if you run Disk ... Volume fragmentation ...
  • Re: [opensuse] The "right" way to clear up /tmp?
    ... Mount /tmp as a RAM disk. ... the machine boots up. ... Some download utilities download first to "/tmp". ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: virtual memory too low
    ... It was the AVG freeware antivirus, ... it on disk so that if I have internet connection problems ... and cant download it I can just put it in from disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Connecting to my wifes Brother printer
    ... The disk told me to download it from the Internet for that model, ... Then I went downstairs and tried a different installation ...
    (comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc)
  • Re: FATAL: erealloc(): Unable to allocate 577925121 bytes
    ... needs to download 1G of data, then it really should download it and spool it ... disk (or worse, spool it into RAM, which gets spooled to swap space on disk, ...
    (freebsd-isp)