Re: Windows Firewall in XP
- From: "Gorka Miranda" <gorka_mir@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:16:17 +0100
Answering to your first question about Windows defender, you can download
it. It is another program that brings you a different feature for your
server. It is a program that scan your system looking for spyware so it is a
good complement to a firewall.
Having 2 firewall does not means that you are more secure, it depends on how
the firewall are configured. For example, if you configure the first
firewall to block ping requests, and you configure the second one with the
same feature, you are performing the same action twice.
Hope that everything is clear now, but if you any doubt, just post it.
"gandian" <gandian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I cannot figure all this security info out anymore. So I will make a few
first, If i have windows firewall on, now do i still download windows
defender (does that still exist?)
I have DSL i have their firewall set to low (this is a regular firewall I
not pay for it), so i assume things come thru the DSL firewall, then go
the windows firewall is that correct? Does it make it more secure?
- Prev by Date: Re: remote assistance message from user
- Next by Date: Proxy server login popup
- Previous by thread: access to the Event protocol
- Next by thread: Proxy server login popup