Re: XP Backup utility tool installation

Blackredgold1964 wrote:
How can I install the Windows XP Backup utility for Win XP home edition?

In this article
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/bott_03july14.mspx

I found the steps:

1.
Insert your Windows XP CD into the drive and, if necessary, double-click
the CD icon in My Computer.

2.
On the Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP screen, click Perform Additional
Tasks.

3.
Click Browse this CD.

But I don't have the Win XP CD, my PC came shipped with the OS preinstalled.

Does anyone know how to install the tool?
Thanks in advance
This MIGHT work, depending on how your system was built. You can also
look for an I386 directory (often copied to the C: drive). This would
contain everything essential from the CD. If the system prompts for the
CD at D:I386, simply replace D:I386 with C:I386. The install program
finds the files and you're good to go.

Dennis

  • Re: How to change my c++ programs icon?
    ... Windows) when you install a program you often get a single ... install program and probably also a file for the icon. ... languages or tools can generate executables, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... an attempt to point out that "not all the world uses Windows". ... I wiped out the whole Windows system directory by clicking on ... I was curious about what was in that .bat file, ... clicking on the icon for other kinds of text files opened them ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: TweakUI missing "Repair My Documents Icon" etc
    ... You can also add TweakUI to the Control Panel with ... Add XP TweakUI Icon to the Control Panel ... How can I add TweakUI to the Windows XP Control Panel? ... Documents and Settings folder on whatever drive it is located on for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Ping: Hackintoshers.
    ... icon (that provides a simple 'Reboot into OSX' option) on OSX and it ... working it's not as neat as the Windows solution). ... Under XP I have a Bootcamp icon in the System tray that allows me to ... it a list of the apps even if they weren't in the apps folder? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Icons and File Association in Windows Explorer
    ... Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer ... Panel/Folder Options/File Type and highlight the ICO Icon entry. ...