Re: TCP established connection unwanted

5tulips wrote:
"Dennis Dow" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23Qj4n86dIHA.1204@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: 5tulips wrote:
: > I did a netstat -a this evening for active connections.
: > This one should not be here. How do I get rid of it?
: >
: > TCP (mycomputername):1448
: > bzq-82-80-230-133.cablep.bezeqint.net:http ESTABLISHED
: >
: > dsg
: >
: >
: Now try netstat -ab
: This will display the PID associated with each port. Using your task
: manager you can display pid's of all running processes. That will tell
: you what program has the port open. From there you'll know how to
proceed.
;............................................
Thank you Dennis, for giving me the pointer on finding the pid. I just
installed a new security app. The netstat -ab says the company is the Web
Inspector module for the new security app. What a relief.
dsg

Thanks for letting the forum know what you found and that it's resolved.

  • Re: TCP established connection unwanted
    ... :> I did a netstat -a this evening for active connections. ... manager you can display pid's of all running processes. ... for giving me the pointer on finding the pid. ... Inspector module for the new security app. ...
  • Re: how to identify what is using a specific port?
    ... How to display the process ID? ... -p proto Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; ... netstat will print the current ... > something else is already using the port. ...
  • Re: how to identify what is using a specific port?
    ... How to display the process ID? ... Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections. ... -p proto Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; ... netstat will print the current ...
  • RE: IPv6 Display - Multiple Applications
    ... Have you tried using -W on netstat? ... truncating addresses even if this causes some fields to overflow." ... reproduced your behavior with the truncated IPv6 addresses; ... I'm curious if there is any timeline for the correct display of IPv6 ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • How can you display the metrics in a Solaris routing table?
    ... Can someone run netstat and post me the output; to prove that the metric column exists. ... This does not display the metric column. ... It calculates the most cost effective valid route. ...
    (SunManagers)