Re: group policy preventing much internet access

D1pharmacist@xxxxxxx wrote:
Dennis, I have internet access but, certain servers I should say such as lime
wire and even my avg anti virus for an exemple, I get a message saying there
is a firewall blocking connection or a loopback in my system. I have tried to
setup my windows firewall but it tells me certain options and being controled
by Group policy and that my windows firewall is off! Does that help? thanks

"Dennis Dow" wrote:

D1pharmacist@xxxxxxx wrote:
How do I turn off group policy and windows firewall on so I can access the
necessary web sites I need to.I'm the solo user on my pc. thanks
Default Windows firewall and group policy won't keep you from getting to
the Internet unless you are on a corporate lan. If you are on a
corporate LAN, talk to your IT guys. If its a home machine, let us know
more information so we can help.

Dennis

To be honest, if you have limewire on the network, I wouldn't trust any
machine on the LAN. Time to nuke 'em and begin again.

IMHO

  • RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the web page
    ... "daviedoug" wrote: ... My wife's is connected via the Network. ... Firewall off and done the installation?. ... I don't know what you mean with windows Firewall, ...
  • Re: Outpost firewall wont run
    ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a fantastic job ... Deconstructing Common Security Myths. ... Don't fall for software applications touted in publications relying on ...
  • Re: Firewall =?ISO-8859-15?Q?f=FCr_Netbook=3F?=
    ... "Windows Firewall" bezeichnet wird und nicht in einen Topf mit PFWs ... Artikel über Personal Firewall. ... Aktionsmöglichkeiten abdecken will und das ONU auch noch klarmachen ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.networking)
  • Re: Setup Error when connecting Xbox 360 to MCE2005 PC
    ... Attempt to add your Xbox 360 again via the Media Center Extender Manager ... but receive the Setup Error (stating problems with the firewall ... Microsoft KB911728 for opening ports and allowing traffic to/from XBox ... Unable to open ports in the Windows firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: XP Firewall Disabled - Help!
    ... Whern I install the SP1 tonight it ... Possibly some process is still doing changes to the registry. ... It says firewall is turned off. ... Find the Windows Firewall Service and make sure that the startup ...