Re: XP Pro Recovery Console Password

"tfrrecovery" <tfrrecovery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:C83A123B-4C9E-4817-90CC-D1D7A4BB71E1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My password is not working at the prompt for password in the recovery mode
with the XP CD.

Null will not work either.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind I windows will not load in any mode, nor can I
just get a prompt.

Thanks,
TR

Here are two sites with info on creating a bootable CD that will allow you to
reset the Administrator password.

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

Ultimate Boot CD for Windows®
http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm

Good luck

Nepatsfan

  • locked out need help
    ... I am using windows 2k professional. ... I changed the administrator password and I think I typed ... somthing different than what was in my mind. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Recovery - Admin password problem
    ... comes for the Administrator password and if I just press return as you ... As I made clear in the OP this is for a Windows XP ... Hopefully your PC is set up so that it will boot to a bootable CD. ... The next prompt at "Step THREE: Password or registry edit" will list ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OS boots to "Start Windows Normally" Screen
    ... Unfortunately the user does not know the administrator password. ... > Problems When Windows XP Tries to Load the Agp440.sys Service ... > When you restart your computer, you may be prompted to use the Last ... > drive that contains the Windows XP installation CD-ROM. ...
  • Re: deniyng user to mess up pc
    ... Remove any removable media drives like floppy drives, ... I'd also put an administrator password on the bios (make sure you store it ... you'll code to log off the user (or shut down windows). ... Essentailly it's an application which administer questionnaires to subjects ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: deniyng user to mess up pc
    ... Remove any removable media drives like floppy drives, ... I'd also put an administrator password on the bios (make sure you store it ... you'll code to log off the user (or shut down windows). ... if I were worried somebody was going to do mayhem on my pc I ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)