Re: Unable to install Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4

You may trying to do the installation from a limited user account ,re-do the
installation again with an account having Admin rights.

Best regards
"yiemy" <yiemy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Installation aborted when it is about to to modify registry. Message
popped
up "Access denied". Anyone know why ?
yiemy

  • RE: slow start-up following latest updates windows xp
    ... After the latest set of window security updates, ... seconds before I can run a program from booting up windows. ... With the recent installation of updates/patches from aug 8, ... the limited user account or the admin account), ...
  • Re: IE crashes after installing KB918899 (MS06-042) :(
    ... it seem I had to much trust in Microsoft patches;) ... Best regards, ... installation inside virtual pc to have a test and there I get the same ... I have this patch installed since 3 days and it works just fine, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: .Net CF 2.0 Installation Failure on Pocket LOOX 560
    ... Ilya, you are genius. ... Best regards ... it appears you have some versions messed up (e.g. from SP1 beta ... I have tried to terminate all applications and to runthe installation ...
  • Re: SMS Installer Perflib Error
    ... To get around the admin rights after installation is difficult, ... the mouse/keyboard, do autologon with an admin account, complete the ... Registry entries, temp files, names, locations, etc... ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.installer)
  • Re: Stop : c0000218 - Success
    ... Regards, ... > directory files intact as original installation. ... > longer have access to any of the software programs that I've installed. ... > into the Recovery Console and that contained in KB article 229716. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)