Re: Enabling the Logon Banner in Registry

I'm looking for a way to have a permanent static banner displayed at the
top/bottom of the display screen. Not a "logon banner" as described here,
but something that you could permanently display on the screen for example
"Not for personal use". This would also remain when new applications or
something like your browser is launched. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks - Tom

"Miha Pihler" wrote:

If you are in domain, you don't configure it in local policy. You create a
Group Policy either at domain or OU level...

Mike

"djmey1" <djmey1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks, and as long as you're here, how does it change when the system is
on a domain?

"Miha Pihler" wrote:

If this windows XP is not part of domain, then go to start and click run
and
enter gpedit.msc. Once Group Policy Editor is started drill down the
Computer settings -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local
Policies -> Security Options -> here look for: "Interactive logon:
Message
txt for users attempting to log on" and "Interactive logon: Message title
for users attempting to log on".

I hope this helps you out,

Mike

"djmey1" <djmey1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
What are the proper string values to use in the registry to enable a
logon
banner
in a XP pro machine? I'm familiar with the subkey and the two values to
change but I cannot seem to get the string values to work properly. The
text I need to put in is quite long!

  • Re: Logon Banner
    ... I'm looking for a way to have a permanent static banner displayed at the ... top/bottom of the display screen. ... Does anyone know how to create a logon banner ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is this a special relativity effect?
    ... The time difference is that *sometimes* the satellite reciever ... Select and display any SKY news channel. ... Repeat pressing OK twice and the time on the banner will be ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: How do you change the logon background in Windows XP?
    ... The keys you modified seem to apply in this hidden "account". ... Display properties of the "Workstation" (right click on the icon on ... > logon begins. ... A user enters their Logon Credentials into their Windows XP Desktop ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: How do you change the logon background in Windows XP?
    ... > I think it is in default user profile in documents and setting. ... > Display properties of the "Workstation" (right click on the icon on ... >> logon begins. ... >> I have already modified the registry key below, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Useable screen size
    ... The maximum number of records you can display, ... In my approach I do not need to correct for banner or nav pane, ... In the StartupForm all necessary functionality is available to ... so I do not need the nav pane. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)