WMIDiag won't run- "User does not have enough privileges to run WMIDiag!"

Greetings to the group!

Google has not helped with this, so I am hopeful some kind person
can give me some insight into this problem.

On my Windows XP SP2 system, WMI is broken, so in trying to fix
it I downloaded Microsoft's WMIDiag.vbs.

Whenever I run it I get these messages:
"(main): User [****/****] does not have enough privileges to run
WMIDiag!"

and

"You must be a FULL Administrator of the computer!"

When I first tried this I was indeed logged on as an
administrator (non-default). I also created and logged on as a
new user with administrator privileges, but got the same result.

Does anyone have any idea what might be triggering this error.

Thanks,

Frank

  • Re: msconfig problem
    ... Operating system is Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 with SP2. ... Administrator to make the return to Normal Startup. ... Event Type: Warning ...
  • Re: i did something wrong. New User
    ... I have a boot disk called "ERD Commander" that gives me full access to the Windows XP ... Even changing the User to "Administrator" resulted in the same ... Both Computers are Dell Dimension computers with Window XP Pro and I have the Dell ... so I tried a Repair Installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Access denied error with changing startup services in msconfig
    ... every time I run MSCONFIG and try to change ... You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the ... Running Windows XP Pro sp3 with all the latest updates. ... Things were working fine for years on these machines until lately. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Automatic and web based Windows Update Installs all fail...
    ... "Administrators only" error message when you attempt to use the Windows ... Please contact your system administrator." ... CD, (by clicking on the Install Windows 2000 link), I receive the infamous ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)