Re: system administrator hi-jacked

tried the last fix to get to control panel. still can do nothing. tired to
open properties I keep getting the same message
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer, Please contact your system administrator

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

csxfire wrote:
I am restricted from my own computer. can not get in even in safe
mode. must be a virus of some kind. no programs seem to be able to
find it no control panel even in safe mode

Shenan Stanley wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.
Did you wish to ask something?
If so - please give more details.

csxfire wrote:
how do I get control back, every time I try to make a change, I get
a message to contact the system admin.

Shenan Stanley wrote:
Seriously... "more details".

What Operating System are you running (Windows XP is assumed - Home,
Professional, Media Center, TabletPC, x64 is *not*.)?
What patch level (SP2 at least?)
How did you get to this point?
What have you tried?
When you did safe mode - did you log in (try to) as the username
"administrator"?
If XP Professional - what happens when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice
at the welcome screen and enter 'administrator' as the username?

csxfire wrote:
this happened will I was trying to get ride of spyware add Smitfraud

using Windows XP is assumed - Home
sp2 installed
tried to delete virus
in safe mode logged in as admin. no control panel icon show up

Shenan Stanley wrote:
In safe mode...
Start button --> RUN --> control userpasswords2 --> OK

That should allow you to verify/add users and the group(s) those
users may be in.

Also:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/controlpanelrestrictionrestore.reg

Copy that text to a text file, save it as controlpanelrestrictionrestore.reg
and merge it (double-click and answer yes) into your registry.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: system administrator hi-jacked
    ... csxfire wrote: ... find it no control panel even in safe mode ... Shenan Stanley wrote: ... When you did safe mode - did you log in as the username ...
  • Re: system administrator hi-jacked
    ... csxfire wrote: ... find it no control panel even in safe mode ... Shenan Stanley wrote: ... When you did safe mode - did you log in as the username ...
  • Re: system administrator hi-jacked
    ... in safe mode logged in as admin. ... "Shenan Stanley" wrote: ... find it no control panel even in safe mode ... a message to contact the system admin. ...
  • Re: No Control Panel, cant open anything
    ... That yellow icon in your task bar is connected to one or more Trojans (I had ... As long as this Trojan is on your pc it will wreck havoc on ... The Trojan is gone but my Control Panel is still not showing up in My ... Restart in Safe Mode. ...
  • RE: Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, MyComputer, Control Panel
    ... No control Panel, No MyComputer ..etc you ... "nass" wrote: ... I uninstalled through safe mode .. ... without any command from the run command on CMD command prompt?. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)