Re: Profile exists for deleted account

daztrue wrote:
Thankfully I just found the solution myself, by selecting My Computer's Properties > Advanced > User Profiles > Settings. There was a profile listed as AccountUnknown. However, as you suggested, would the integrity etc have been just as safe by simply deleting the profile from within Windows Explorer?

AFAIK. Of course, I haven't seen your computer so I can't really give you a definitive answer as to its integrity.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: cant copy data from corrupted user profile
    ... I posted to this group yesterday saying that Windows Explorer ... >> crashes whenever the mouse hovers over an avi file. ... >> from my old 'corrupted' account to a new account using the Knowledge ... Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are ...
  • Re: Migrating user to new domain loses local profile
    ... It will not work, though, if there is no trust between both domains. ... you would need to use Windows Explorer! ... log on as either the local Administrator or the Domain Admin of the ... > create his profile so that there is something to which you can copy the ...
  • Re: Explorer .exe right pane problem
    ... While logged on as local admin you can rename the corrupt profile. ... Copy the folder contents not the folders themselves. ... Windows explorer will not launch or open anything in the | right pane. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: How to repair corrupt Excel file
    ... When the Excel file is opened via Windows Explorer, ... it has crazy format that I cannot understand, ... Xing's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5943 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Delete file - XP Hangs
    ... When he tries to delete any file in Windows Explorer, it hangs the system. ... thought, but profile specific. ... Slarty Bartfast ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)