Re: Anti-virus, anti-spyware freezing in Win XP

interesting link on malware and rootkits. You need to install the new
MS player software

http://www.microsoft.com/emea/spotlight/Mark_Russinovich_Advanced_Malware_Cleaning.aspx

  • WARNING Long Reply - Re: Please help me with this confusion!!
    ... The most common thing hitting people nowadays are variants of some malware ... Before you try to remove spyware using any of the programs below, download ... malware garbage from your System Restore backups after you've cleaned up. ... Be sure that you also download and install hotfix Q816093, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: ie,...again
    ... > there is NO way I can install a program on that pc. ... > tried safe mode, and I'm still getting the same results. ... Switch to AVG Anti-Virus destination folder using these steps (assuming this ... >> The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet ...
  • WARNING Long Reply - Re: java virtual machine
    ... you first eliminate the possibility of malware. ... malware garbage from your System Restore backups after you've cleaned up. ... Be sure that you also download and install hotfix Q816093, ... Another excellent program for this purpose is SpyBot Search and Destroy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Incredifind
    ... > The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet connection. ... > malware garbage from your System Restore backups after you've cleaned up. ... > Download HijackThis, free, here: ... > install malware) Keep it UPDATED. ...
  • Re: Finding website requires typing "HTTP://"
    ... Before you try to remove spyware using any of the programs below, ... The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet connection. ... malware garbage from your System Restore backups after you've cleaned up. ... Be sure that you also download and install hotfix Q816093, ...