Re: Windows Security Centre

Juanjo wrote:
Something keeps turning off my WSC at Start-up and I have to Start it manually using services.msc. Windows Defender and Malware Removal tool find nothing wrong. Norton NAV reports no problem. Spybot notes the WSC is Disabled but does not Fix it when asked to do so.

How do I find out what is doing it and correct it?

Thanks

You forgot to tell us what version of NAV you're using but recent versions have their own "Norton Security Center" which replaces the Windows Security Center. When you installed NAV, that's the option you chose. So nothing is wrong.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: restart after update
    ... that means disabling NAV. ... Windows XP updates I disabled NAV until restarting, ... The next trial test may be to do the restart ... Windows as malware would. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: restart after update
    ... Exit the Command Prompt if it remains open by typing exit and pressing Enter and restart now. ... I think Windows saves settings from several previous sessions and I'm wondering if getting to them would work. ... As I mentioned previously, supposedly, NAV 2009 does not have issues allowing file replacement as previous versions of NAV had. ... Does anyone know of "known problems" like this or precautions one should take when updating, e.g. disabling Norton Antivirus, etc.? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error 0x80072EFD
    ... The issue is with NAV 2004. ... input " Can not do Windows Updates " ... Click the LAN Settings button. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Cannot Open a Word or Excel Document from Explorer
    ... happening is that a previous version of NAV is still hanging around, ... >> posted through Windows Update. ... >> Explorer and the application opens without opening the document. ... >>> Have you also tried repairing your Windows installation? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: System problems with date set >27 July
    ... to NAV, I ran a check with AntiVir and did an on-line scan at TrendMicro. ... > Then check you system for infestations of viruses, spyware, dialers, key ... >> Not sure if this is a MB problem or a Windows XP problem. ... >> router, some programs would not work, and so on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)