Re: Setting some access rights on a multi-boot system

On 27 sep, 17:56, Malke <notrea...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Create strong passwords on all user accounts, including the built-in
Administrator account, on both installations and don't give those
passwords to the other user. This will only prevent the other user from
logging into system for which he doesn't have the password.

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to be sure :

Will "Disk1 / Windows XP 1 / Adminstrator" be able to access "Disk2"
using your method ?

After all, any other mounted disk can be seen as a simple data disk
when it is not booted from.

  • SSH & root logins
    ... people are logging into boxes across their own (internal, ... If you are using SSH, do you rely on public/private key pairs solely, ... regular users but forcing the use of passwords for root? ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: [opensuse] SAMBA.
    ... Personally I would never set up sharing with no passwords, ... such insecure installations. ... Not on Linux, and Not on Windows. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: How can I secure a Debian installation?