Re: Cannot download ANYTHING!

Try this:

Check under Tools | Internet Options | Security. Click "Internet" just once
and go to custom level, once there, scroll down and verify if "Downloads"
are enable or disable. It should be enable.

Hope this helps,

JR.
"Ernesto" <Ernesto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Oops sorry. I only praphrased.

The thing just gives the OK-msgbox
"Your current security settings does not allow this file to be
downloaded".

Hot dang... this is annoying!
Any help will be appreciated.

"Gordon" wrote:

"Ernesto" <Ernesto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My Windows XP HOME SP2 does not allow me to download ANY files from
the
outside, e.g. a website link. I have tried setting the security level
as
low
as it goes, and looked at the individual security settings, but it
simply
does not allow any downloads.

All other browser functions SEEM to be in working order.

The problem has suddenly become severe as this is the only machine
connected
to a payroll system and hence the only way reports can be downloaded.

And what happens when you try? Any error messages?

  • Re: Problem automating page in IE 8
    ... Starting with IE6 MS started trying to plan for security. ... like blocking downloads of certain file types even when downloads ... security settings that vary by IE version. ... DOM in force depends on the content of the webpage loaded! ...
  • Re: runtime error and active x
    ... Your security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. ... click Internet Options. ...
  • Re: disable drag and drop
    ... > First you have to Enable the My Computer Security Zone in Internet Options ... > Your current security settings prohibit copying or moving files from this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Good Riddance SP2
    ... > message about Security Settings unable to play files I had ... > messages about whether to allow blocked downloads and other ... > various security messages. ... > security settings which was an exercise in futility. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Good Riddance SP2
    ... message about Security Settings unable to play files I had ... messages about whether to allow blocked downloads and other ... various security messages. ... did thorough search of SP2 info for security settings ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)