Re: Please make 888.com popups stop

Besides the suggestions provided by the preivous reply, you might try installing an ad-avoidance "hosts" file.

"hosts" is usually found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc". But, it may be very small and contain almost nothing.

If you place a web address in the hosts file, then equate that to IP address 127.0.0.1, that will point back to your PC.

For example, my hosts file includes the following line:
127.0.0.1 free.888.com

Note that lines that begin with "#" in the hosts file are comments.

You can get a free hosts file that block many, many popups and ads at: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

The one problem with using hosts to block popups is that some popups are required for some websites to function. For example, I can not view video clips on foxnews.com, unless I unblock a few addresses related to doubleclick ads. That can be done by simply adding "#" to the line in the hosts file.

"escape" <escape.f3720c@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:escape.f3720c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See today's most popular deals at » Dealighted.com
Digg it!
Hi,

I am being hit with an 888.com popup which I can't seem to stop. I've
tried add/remove programs, but I can't find it. I've run adaware, but
that doesn't do anything. I'm not sure what information you need to
help me solve this problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated

--
escape