Re: Access denied???

SillyBilly wrote:
Why is msconfig telling me " access dnied error was reported when trying to change the service, try logging on with administrator rights." even in safe mode, using the Admin. account, or any other account for that matter. I just did a format, and fresh install, and I keep getting this error, and was before I fomated. Windows XP Home, Service pack 2, with mcafee internet sercurity siute through my ISP. Billy Pettit Jr.

Got an HP printer? I've seen this numerous times after installing HP printers for clients. It seems to be a bug in the HP software (no surprises there). I don't know if there is a fix but the changes you make are honored so just clicking "OK" seems to be enough.

Elephant Boy Computers
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Relevant Pages

  • Re: *very* basic im sure misunderstanding from combinatorial optimization book
    ... If you are searching for application on the sthe matter to the search ... remember your credit card company will confirm you on your purchase. ... u can add or remove more credit cards into your account. ...
  • Re: Really, whats so bad about it?
    ... much divine revelation they have had on the matter. ... from the flood account. ... like God. ... verifiable evidence that any god exists? ...
  • Re: "higher intelligence" (still): A little offtopic
    ... quickly which is a quantitative sort of thing. ... For instance kids and adults do not solve problems the same way and this ... but of course being able to take into account more factors and ... is intelligence just a matter of degree or is it a matter of kind or ...
  • Re: Amazon 0, Nigel 1
    ... agencies are monitoring you or the person you are communicating with. ... A throwaway web email account that is only ever accessed through ... No matter what theories you may have, ...
  • Re: User in two groups Admin and Power User
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... this was a case where the specifi user's account was in both the ... > administrators and the Power Users group, ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ...