Re: Manually removing adware
- From: "Ed Smega" <smega@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:21:08 -0400
It doesn't seem that spybot is free. It will identify spyware but you need
to pay to have it remove it.
I can not find the microsoft.public.security.homeusers newsgroup. I have 2
news servers - one from my ISP and MSNEWS.MICROSOFT.COM - Actually the one
from my ISP seems to have more microsoft groups than the microsoft one.
Where should I be looking for the group you recommend?
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ed Smega <smega@xxxxxx> wrote:
I don't want to buy a spyware/adware removal tool. How do you
manually remove adware??
There are many free tools for this - AdAware, Spybot, Windows Defender,
etc. But much depends on the kind of adware/malware you refer to. Try
posting questions such as this in the microsoft.public.security.homeusers
group and you should get a lot of help in there.
- Prev by Date: Re: Administrator account restricted in XP Home?
- Next by Date: Re: Manually removing adware
- Previous by thread: Re: Manually removing adware
- Next by thread: Re: Manually removing adware