Re: Manually removing adware

It doesn't seem that spybot is free. It will identify spyware but you need
to pay to have it remove it.

I can not find the microsoft.public.security.homeusers newsgroup. I have 2
news servers - one from my ISP and MSNEWS.MICROSOFT.COM - Actually the one
from my ISP seems to have more microsoft groups than the microsoft one.
Where should I be looking for the group you recommend?

Ed

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ed Smega <smega@xxxxxx> wrote:
I don't want to buy a spyware/adware removal tool. How do you
manually remove adware??

Ed

There are many free tools for this - AdAware, Spybot, Windows Defender,
etc. But much depends on the kind of adware/malware you refer to. Try
posting questions such as this in the microsoft.public.security.homeusers
group and you should get a lot of help in there.

  • Re: Manually removing adware
    ... you need to pay to have it remove it. ... I can not find the microsoft.public.security.homeusers newsgroup. ... Actually the one from my ISP seems to have more microsoft groups than ... manually remove adware?? ...
  • Re: Cannot download
    ... I tried everything as advised (adware, spybot & ... >Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware ... >p.s Reset the 3rd party browser setting. ...
  • non-responsive cursor, out-of-control scrolling, screen suddenly c
    ... Not familar with adware. ... I have spybot. ... restore the deleted entries. ... When scrolling, ...
  • Re: HELP! - self-inflicted injury
    ... SpyHunter and Malwarebytes will find the program, ... While it's not listed, I'd try "Spybot" first. ... version that I've used successfully for other malware. ... To remove the uglies that the scan reveals, you have to pay. ...
    (alt.usage.english)