Issues with codec security and Media Player 11
- From: Rob <robv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:34:08 -0700
Two boxes, System A is a doman server and also serves as a file server, System B wanting to run a video file located on the server (System A). Copy the file local to System B, and it can be played and viewed with no issues. Try and play it on System B by accessing it in its location on System A, and the file plays the sound, but has no video. Same file playing on the same system, just a difference in the specific spot the file is accessed from.
I'm taking this to be some sort of security issue that is not allowing the local codec to be utilized in association with a remote file, but I have no idea where to find a setting to turn said security off or at least tell it to trust the server in question (which is on a local network - not on the net).
- Prev by Date: Duplicate D & S files
- Next by Date: Permission Denied for Executable
- Previous by thread: Duplicate D & S files
- Next by thread: Re: Issues with codec security and Media Player 11