Re: SVCHOST Using All CPU Resources

You're welcome.

"Stuart Smith" <StuartSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el
mensaje news:549B3100-6028-41EE-8834-0856870067A4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

This has worked well and every workstation that had the problem is now
resolved. Thanks

"Jaime Rodríguez" wrote:

Forgot to tell you..... you need to do this in every pc with this
problem...

JR.
"Jaime Rodríguez" <nouser@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Visit the Microsoft website and Download Windows Update v3
WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe and save it to your C:\ drive
Download this file fix_svchost.bat (right click and choose save as..)
and
save it to your C:\ drive

Download this file WindowsXP-KB927891.exe (right click and choose save
as..)
and save it to your C:\ drive

Reboot the computer and log in to Windows XP in safe mode. Once
Windows
has
loaded and you have the option of which user account to use, log on as
"Administrator".

Click Start > Run, choose the Browse button and find the
fix_svchost.bat
file you saved before, press Open, then OK. A black screen will pop up
and
white text will scroll past. Wait for this process to finish as it
could
take several minutes. It will close itself when its finished.

Once the black screen disappears, Click Start > Run, choose the Browse
button and find the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe file you saved
before,
press Open, then OK. Follow the prompts as it installs.

When Windows Update Agent finishes installing, Click Start > Run,
choose
the
Browse button and find the WindowsXP-KB927891.exe file you saved
before,
press Open, then OK. Follow the prompts as it installs.

Reboot the computer

Hope this helps, post back with results or more questions....

JR.

"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Situation:
A head office site with around 200 workstations and 107 remote sites
with
another 700 workstations. The majority are XP with around 350 W2K.
We have a WSUS server which supplies Security Patch updates to all
workstations once a week.
Following the updates a growing number of workstations are affected
by
SVCHOST.EXE taking all CPU resources.
This appears to happen after an MS Office application has been
started.
I am unable to find a solution on the internet so any help
appreciated.

Mike.

  • Re: limit sbs 2003 and xp workstations to 5 gig bandwidth
    ... wsus and have updates disabled on workstations. ... I don't see why you had to block updates and disable it on the workstations. ... Any reason why you can't just allow WSUS traffic and run a sync (to download ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Svchost errors
    ... | I HAVE GOT THE PROBLEM THAT ALOT OF MY WIN2000 WORKSTATIONS GIVES ME SVCHOST ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ... It is suggested to run the scanners in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: SVCHOST Using All CPU Resources
    ... Download this file WindowsXP-KB927891.exe (right click and choose save ... Follow the prompts as it installs. ... A head office site with around 200 workstations and 107 remote sites ... Following the updates a growing number of workstations are affected by ...
  • Re: Downloading critical updates.
    ... install', that would be fine but as there is not, I was hoping for a patch I ... find a definitive list that I could pick the KB fixes and download them. ... workstations but I'm assuming the requirements for server will be different. ... Perhaps the most simple is to use MBSA on a reference ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Automatic updates on clients
    ... I've noticed with ISA that you don't have to download the updates (at least ... With only three workstations to take ... Do you think that it's alright to set all the clients to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)