Re: KB930494 - Post installation prevents laptop from entering system standby

Did KB930494 come down via Automatic Updates ?

According to the information here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS07-040.mspx

KB930494 is for .NET Framework 1.0 on either a Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 or a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

The correct .NET update for .NET 1.0 for XP SP2 is KB928367:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=91D7AFE4-069B-4CE8-976E-9A01345A8603

The correct .NET update for .NET 1.1 for XP SP2 is KB928366:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=281FB2CD-C715-4F05-A01F-0455D2D9EBFB

Are these the updates that were also installed ?

FWIW, on my Dell MCE 2005, installed KB928366 and then rebooted, then installed KB930494 with no reboot requested.
Standby still working.

However, I'm beginning to think that something is amiss with the .NET updates. Check out the Windows Update newsgroup :
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&cat=en_US_56d1dd45-de9e-4fc5-9bc1-2d1d0de6daee&lang=en&cr=US

YIKES !!!

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

mjoshea148@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Update: I restored prior to updates and all was fine. Reinstalled
all but this update and found that the other .NET hotfixes have the
same issue. Restored again - all was fine. Installed all critical
updates except the .NET hotfixes and all is fine.

Something re: .NET hotfixes is interfering w/system standby.