Re: SVCHOST Using All CPU Resources

Forgot to tell you..... you need to do this in every pc with this problem...

JR.
"Jaime Rodríguez" <nouser@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Visit the Microsoft website and Download Windows Update v3
WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe and save it to your C:\ drive
Download this file fix_svchost.bat (right click and choose save as..) and
save it to your C:\ drive

Download this file WindowsXP-KB927891.exe (right click and choose save
as..)
and save it to your C:\ drive

Reboot the computer and log in to Windows XP in safe mode. Once Windows
has
loaded and you have the option of which user account to use, log on as
"Administrator".

Click Start > Run, choose the Browse button and find the fix_svchost.bat
file you saved before, press Open, then OK. A black screen will pop up and
white text will scroll past. Wait for this process to finish as it could
take several minutes. It will close itself when its finished.

Once the black screen disappears, Click Start > Run, choose the Browse
button and find the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe file you saved before,
press Open, then OK. Follow the prompts as it installs.

When Windows Update Agent finishes installing, Click Start > Run, choose
the
Browse button and find the WindowsXP-KB927891.exe file you saved before,
press Open, then OK. Follow the prompts as it installs.

Reboot the computer

Hope this helps, post back with results or more questions....

JR.

"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Situation:
A head office site with around 200 workstations and 107 remote sites
with
another 700 workstations. The majority are XP with around 350 W2K.
We have a WSUS server which supplies Security Patch updates to all
workstations once a week.
Following the updates a growing number of workstations are affected by
SVCHOST.EXE taking all CPU resources.
This appears to happen after an MS Office application has been started.
I am unable to find a solution on the internet so any help appreciated.

Mike.

  • Re: Updates fail to install-error code 0x80070002
    ... "Doctor T" wrote: ... DLLs) 2) I took your suggestion and manually installed the updates one at ... after most of the installs. ... E.g. use the AU prompt for download to generate a list and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Updates fail to install-error code 0x80070002
    ... Mark, you have my sympathies - it is frustrating. ... my updates worked and have continued to work. ... after most of the installs. ... E.g. use the AU prompt for download to generate a list and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: [SLE] Zmd/Zypp Zowie!
    ... Other SuSE versions did first download all the updates, ... minutes) between packages. ... preceeding package installs. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Is Update Working?
    ... >> two installs of XP PRO. ... >> automatic updates downloaded and installed this fix just ... >AutomaticUpdates Success Content Download Download succeeded. ... approved for download matching criteria 0. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: limit sbs 2003 and xp workstations to 5 gig bandwidth
    ... wsus and have updates disabled on workstations. ... I don't see why you had to block updates and disable it on the workstations. ... Any reason why you can't just allow WSUS traffic and run a sync (to download ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)