Re: Please help to stop this !!!

Not all malware/viruses need local admin rights or any as such!!!!!
User rights are restrictive but is not that protective.
Use firewall/antivirus/anti-spyware software and block content on your router or disable ports for surfing.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
Shakeel Ahmad <shakeel.ahmad215@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed and reinstalled my windows xp again and again within
two months.

The Problem is: there are some other users who use my computer. They
visit some x-sites and in our network some computers have shared some
x-data with the viruses. When ever they use this type of sites and
data, my computer is got infected. how can i stop it that when ever
anyone tries to visit some x-site, the computer should stop this kind
of pages from opening?
Thanks and Regards,

Shakeel

In addition to Shenan's reply - note that not all software/malware requires local admin rights to install or run. You also need good antivirus software that can scan for common malware as well.

But the bottom line is: if the other users are not using your computer properly, why are you letting them use it at all? It's your computer, right? If it's a company computer, talk to management.

"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." -Ed Crowley

.