Re: SECURITY CENTER

"CHRIS" <CHRIS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6E15E04C-9DBA-4B18-971B-40B96EE23442@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WINDOWS SECURITY CENTER(WINXP2) SAYS THAT IT HAS NOT STARTED OR WAS
STOPPED.I
RE-STARTED COMP BUT DID NOT COME ON. HOW DO I RE-START SECURITY CENTER?

Chris,
Please don't post in capital letters. It is regarded as shouting.
My mind reading skills tell me that you run Norton software - maybe Norton
Internet Security 2007. If I am right, please post $10 for my skills. If I
am wrong, I'll know about it before you.
NIS is known to affect Security Centre. If you run NIS, best thing to do is
uninstall it and use something better.

  • Re: How safe am I really?
    ... Have you disabled "Automatic Firewall Rule ... Creation" (wherever that is actually located in NIS 2003)? ... some others may only appear in the Security Alerts log.. ... when you PERMIT your web browser to have Internet ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • SUMMARY: securnets issue?
    ... Subject: securenets issue? ... related work for Sun Microsystems). ... I have a great deal of awareness of security issues, ... allowed to access NIS information. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Some sites do not load, most do. Confused
    ... It was good old NIS. ... It's possible that a toolbar, ... of them is blocking images or other content. ... security, toolbars and other add-ons for IE, anti-virus, etc. Take a look at ...
  • Security Center mistakenly believes NIS is installed
    ... Windows Security Center shows that my system is protected because ... Norton Internet Security 2006 is running. ... I've uninstalled not only NIS, ... What is it that's convincing Security Center that Norton Internet ...
  • Re: Trying to replace NIS+
    ... yet are concerned with security issues?! ... > then an LDAP to LDAP/AD syncronization conversion. ... > looking like a NIS server, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)