Re: User setup

On Apr 19, 10:48 pm, Papa Jonah <PapaJo...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I recently had to reformat and reinstall my windows.
When I did, I had to recreate the user profiles for my wife and I. Before
it would let me, I had to create another (I set one up during the XP install
process) administrator account. Now, some how, when I look under documents
and settings I see a user for my wife, one for Papa, and one for Papa_2.
However, when booting up, I only see Administrator, wife, and Papa accounts
to sign into. The same when I go into the control panel.
1) I would like to delete the extra Papa account that shows up under
Documents and settings, and
2) be able to copy back from my external harddrive the favorites and such
that I have saved to the new accounts in documetns and settings. It will let
me do that for my wife, but not for me.

Please help and TIA.
Papa

My guess and I am not an expert, is that the Papa_2 is your new
account and the Papa is the old original account. You may be able to
copy from the external drive to the Papa2 account. Check the dates
when those folders were created. Is the Papa one from before you
reinstalled? If so, that means it is the old account.

  • Re: User setup
    ... Papa Jonah Wrote: ... I had to recreate the user profiles for my wife and I. ... However, when booting up, I only see Administrator, wife, and Papa ... I would like to delete the extra Papa account that shows up under ...
  • Re: Legal question on car ownership
    ... money from a joint account with my wife. ... the "owner" of a vehicle registered to drive on the roads of the state ... also possible, and sometimes the fact, that personA and personB agree ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re: Hotmail ID impersonation question
    ... but this is actually a message board for questions about the ... your wife really has set up an email account and really did send ... > myself or my wife had set up a Hotmail account. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Tracfone Promotional Codes
    ... We have our account set up with our credit card so that it ... the account data on their website saying that they have the wrong ... Still, for an occasional user like me and my wife, it's a very good ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Universal Benefits
    ... and just closing the accounts and transferring the full amounts into ... that specific account is closed down at 2 pm on a certain day, ... will that particular company know that my wife is deceased? ... For instance, sometimes my wife will use my debit card for purchases, which is technically against the rules, but many folk do this as a matter of fact. ...
    (uk.legal)