Re: User setup
On Apr 19, 10:48 pm, Papa Jonah <PapaJo...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I recently had to reformat and reinstall my windows.
When I did, I had to recreate the user profiles for my wife and I. Before
it would let me, I had to create another (I set one up during the XP install
process) administrator account. Now, some how, when I look under documents
and settings I see a user for my wife, one for Papa, and one for Papa_2.
However, when booting up, I only see Administrator, wife, and Papa accounts
to sign into. The same when I go into the control panel.
1) I would like to delete the extra Papa account that shows up under
Documents and settings, and
2) be able to copy back from my external harddrive the favorites and such
that I have saved to the new accounts in documetns and settings. It will let
me do that for my wife, but not for me.
Please help and TIA.
My guess and I am not an expert, is that the Papa_2 is your new
account and the Papa is the old original account. You may be able to
copy from the external drive to the Papa2 account. Check the dates
when those folders were created. Is the Papa one from before you
reinstalled? If so, that means it is the old account.
- Prev by Date: Re: Lock down drive
- Next by Date: Re: my computer gets stuck on the blue windows xp screen
- Previous by thread: Re: Lock down drive
- Next by thread: Re: User setup